Family Building Grant
FOR YOUNG ADULT CANCER SURVIVORS
Application is Open 9.8.23 – 10.5.23
Family Building Grants are for cancer survivors seeking assistance with fertility treatment and family building procedures. This is one of the most pressing post treatment concerns for young adult cancer survivors. SAMFund Family Building Grants help applicants who have a detailed and clear plan for the family building process, and also have additional means for managing the expenses associated with their family building plan. These grants provide a bridge for applicants to get to the next point in their family building journey.
Who Gets Prioritized for a SAMFund Family Building Grant?
- Applicants who are actively engaged in their family building journey and have a detailed and clear plan and timeline.
- Applicants on track to have an invoice in hand requiring payment within 6 months of receiving a SAMFund Family Building Grant.
WHAT A FAMLY BUILDING GRANT COVERS
- Fertility preservation which includes harvesting of eggs and embryos
- Services for assisted reproductive technologies like IVF or IUI
- Gestational carrier or surrogacy fees
- Fertility testing
What’s Not Covered
- Fertility storage fees and Living Expenses (These expenses are covered by the SAMFund Financial Assistance Grant Program)
- Reimbursement for fertility procedures completed prior to an application being filed.
Apply for an EMF Samfund Grant
If you have not filed taxes in 2021 and or 2022, download and complete a tax affidavit form. Form can’t be completed greater than 7 days prior to grant opening.
Apply for an EMF SAMFund grant using our online application.
Subscribe to SAMFund News
Sign up to receive notifications on EMF's SAMFund grant schedule, links to partnership programs for the cancer community, and invitations to SAMFund events.
Join us in the fight against cancer and be part of the community that is making miracles happen today. Your donation is an investment in our Research and Discovery Funds, which invests in life-saving cancer research, and EMF's SAMFund, which provides financial assistance for young adult cancer survivors.
Invest in Hope
Corporate sponsors lead our life-saving mission and gain access to influential business networking opportunities at EMF events, which range from galas to golf tournaments and more. As a sponsor you can cultivate relationships in the financial services industry while having a life-changing impact on the cancer community.