FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE GRANT
FOR YOUNG ADULT CANCER SURVIVORS
Application is Closed. Opens January 2024
SAMFund Financial Assistance Grants are for cancer survivors seeking assistance with essential living expenses. Young adults account for 5% of cancer diagnoses in the US, with approximately 80,000 diagnosed each year. Young adults experience financial toxicity at a greater level than any other age group impacted by cancer. These grants are awarded to cancer survivors whose financial well-being has been negatively impacted by their cancer experience, and serves as a bridge to help these individuals reach the next step in fulfilling their goals.
Who Gets Prioritized for a SAMFund Financial Assistance Grant?
- Applicants with an immediate and essential financial need
- Applicants lacking financial support from other sources
- Completed application that accurately describe the applicant’s finance circumstances
- Applicants that succinctly explain in their application how their current financial situation has been adversely impacted by their cancer experience
WHAT A FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE GRANT COVERS
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Car payments
- Graduate or continuing education
- Fertility storage fees
- Reconstructive, dental, or cosmetic procedures related to your cancer treatment
What’s Not Covered
- Undergraduate tuition
- Medical bills
- Credit card payments
- Payments to friends or family members
- Car purchases
- Car repairs
- Family-building expenses (these are covered by our Family Building Grant)
Apply for an EMF Samfund Grant
If you have not filed taxes in 2021 and or 2022, download and complete a tax affidavit form. Form can’t be completed greater than 7 days prior to grant opening.
Apply for an EMF SAMFund grant using our online application.
Subscribe to SAMFund News
Sign up to receive notifications on EMF’s SAMFund grant schedule, links to partnership programs for the cancer community, and invitations to SAMFund events.
Join us in the fight against cancer and be part of the community that is making miracles happen today. Your donation is an investment in our Research and Discovery Funds, which invests in life-saving cancer research, and EMF's SAMFund, which provides financial assistance for young adult cancer survivors.
Invest in Hope
Corporate sponsors lead our life-saving mission and gain access to influential business networking opportunities at EMF events, which range from galas to golf tournaments and more. As a sponsor you can cultivate relationships in the financial services industry while having a life-changing impact on the cancer community.